From the Archives


01.30.2017

From the Archives - Regulations of the Elementary Schools, ca. 1822, when Trinity was located on the corner of Varick and Canal Streets.

Some highlights from the document: -200 boys and 150 girls attended Trinity at the time.
-Tuition was $1 per student per quarter for students aged seven to fourteen.
-Students attended school seven days a week, from 9 a.m.- 3 p.m., except on Saturdays, when dismissal was at noon. -Upon "dismission" from Trinity students were presented with a Bible and a Book of Common Prayer, with the name of the student and of the School stamped on the cover.

Visit Trinity's archives at: http://trinityschoolarchives.omeka.net/

Scanned by Hudson Microimaging, Port Ewen, NY, 845-338-5785


Trinity School in 1893

01.01.2016Trinity School in 1893

Trinity School at 108 West 45th Street in 1893.


Boarding students, ca. 1945

01.01.2016Boarding students, ca. 1945

Boarding students in the Trinity School dorm on West 91st Street, ca. 1945.


Annex, ca. 1892

01.01.2016Annex, ca. 1892

Looking north and east on West 91st Street with St. Agnes Chapel...before Trinity School, ca. 1892.


150th Anniversary Commemorative Program Cover

01.01.2016150th Anniversary Commemorative Program Cover

Cover of the commemorative program for Trinity's 150th anniversary in 1859. The service was held at Trinity Chapel of Trinity Parish, at 15 West 25th Street. The building was sold in the 1940s to the Serbian Orthodox Church and became the Serbian Orthodox Cathedral of St. Sava, which was severely damaged by fire on Sunday, 1 May 2016.


Trinity Boys Varsity Baseball, ca. 1920

01.01.2016Trinity Boys Varsity Baseball, ca. 1920

Trinity Boys Varsity Baseball at Columbia University, ca. 1920.