From the Archives - Regulations of the Elementary Schools, ca. 1822, when Trinity was located on the corner of Varick and Canal Streets.
Some highlights from the document: -200 boys and 150 girls attended Trinity at the time.
-Tuition was $1 per student per quarter for students aged seven to fourteen.
-Students attended school seven days a week, from 9 a.m.- 3 p.m., except on Saturdays, when dismissal was at noon. -Upon "dismission" from Trinity students were presented with a Bible and a Book of Common Prayer, with the name of the student and of the School stamped on the cover.
Visit Trinity's archives at: http://trinityschoolarchives.omeka.net/
Trinity School in 1893
Boarding students, ca. 1945
Annex, ca. 1892
150th Anniversary Commemorative Program Cover
Cover of the commemorative program for Trinity's 150th anniversary in 1859. The service was held at Trinity Chapel of Trinity Parish, at 15 West 25th Street. The building was sold in the 1940s to the Serbian Orthodox Church and became the Serbian Orthodox Cathedral of St. Sava, which was severely damaged by fire on Sunday, 1 May 2016.